Indoor Air Quality Specialists
Most people are surprised to learn that the air we breathe inside our homes is much more polluted than outdoor air. Activities such as smoking inside your home or consistently working with chemicals are more obvious, but more common daily tasks such as owning a pet, household cleaning, cooking and even your unused basement can create an unhealthy indoor environment if your home isn’t properly equipped.
Effects of Indoor Air Pollution
The immediate and long-term impact of indoor air pollution will vary based on each individual and depends on factors such as age, geography and pre-existing conditions. Symptoms will also vary depending on the type of pollution impacting your home, but most commonly are disguised as typical cold and flu symptoms. This is why most people believe the colder air is the reason they get more sick in the winter when the actual culprit may be their own home!
The Big Problem
The most common problem we see in homes today that causes indoor air pollution is a lack of proper ventilation. The downside of being energy efficient and making sure we keep the cold winter and hot summer air out of homes, is keeping fresh outdoor air out as well, and circulating dirty air throughout our homes.
Unfortunately, indoor air problems aren’t as easily diagnosed as a broken AC or furnace that won’t heat. At AirPlus, our specially trained Indoor Air Quality team can help identify potential problem areas throughout your home and offer custom solutions to ensure you and your family are breathing healthy and clean AirPlus air!
Here are some questions to consider when thinking about Indoor Air Quality solutions for your home:
- Do you have a pet?
- Do you smoke in the house?
- Do you currently own a carbon monoxide detector?
- Has your home ever been checked for radon?
- Do you feel a slight shock when touching doorknobs during the winter months?
- Do your windows build up with condensation in the summer?
- Is your basement waterproofed?
- Do you cook daily or multiple times per week?
Click here to take our free Healthier Home Assessment today or schedule your free Indoor Air Quality assessment now.
Choose Air Plus Heating & Cooling for services and products to improve your Indoor Air Quality.
- Free in-home consultation with one of our HVAC specialists.
- Air Filtration Products - Remove contaminants such as pollen, mold and pet dander that aggravate allergies.
- Humidifiers - Properly control humidity for personal comfort, to protect furniture and wood floors, and reduce static electricity that damages electronics.
- Fresh Air Ventilators - Remove cooking, pet and chemical odors by expelling them to the outdoors.
- Ultra Violet Lights - Kill airborne microbial growth of mold, bacteria and viruses throughout your home, ductwork and cooling coils.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors - To protect your family from this silent killer.
- Zoning and Programmable Thermostats - Keep each area of your home at the proper comfort level to meet your lifestyle.
To view all our Indoor Air Quality products please Click Here.